It's device free. They give you a special pouch to put your phone in. I planned my day with a wellness consultant. It went something like this:
-Spa Tour - clothes off, robe on, followed by tribathalon. What say you? A special word made up by me and my sisters meaning shower, hot tub, steam, sauna. It's a sisters thing.
-Hot & Cold Water Therapy - swim laps in cold outdoor pool then recover in hot tub. Repeat.
-Vinyasa Flow Yoga 3 Class - with freaking stunning rock star. Wow.
-Magic Mushroom Class - fascinating!
-Lunch - fennel, carrot and saffron soup | butternut squash, corn and black bean tacos | Miraval magic bars.
-Intro to Ayurveda - an ancient holistic healing system.
-Hot Stone Massage - I actually fell asleep while James massaged lavender oil all over me with hot lava stones. Yes.
-Labyrinth Wisdom Walk - uber relaxing.
-Evening Meditation - took my daily meditation to the next level.
2022 started dismally with the sudden tragic death of my beloved friend, Bill Stokes. I struggle with his loss every day. Family and friends, near and dear to me, struggle daily with anxiety, depression, grief, and hopelessness.
Let's share daily ways we can change hopeless, to hopeful! I'm making lasting changes for a more healthy life, and you can too! If you're feeling blue, here are five tips that help me and my inner circle:
1. Talk to loved ones or family members. Don't text, talk in person or FaceTime.
2. Exercise. Walk with a friend. Go for a hike. Try a beginner's yoga class. My favorite are the free classes at www.bohobeautiful.com
3. Soak up the sun. Vitamin D works wonders.
4. Go outside. Explore the wonders of Mother Nature and our vast National Parks. Learn more at www.nps.gov.
5. Get creative! Explore your creative side with blank paper and a box of crayons, markers or pencils. Order a cool coloring book that appeals to you on Amazon. Or, have a @JacksonPollock party for your besties! Go to Michael's, get some canvases, paints and brushes, a big tarp, make a big cheese/charcuterie board and have pals bring over beverages and turn on "Pollock" the fabulous independent film about this amazing American Painter.
If you're feeling hopeless, here are two resources to contact now:
1. Crisis Text Line | TEXT HOME to 741741 | www.crisistextline.com
2. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline | DIAL 988 | Available Nationwide
#suicidepreventionmonth #988 #wellness #kindness #gratitude